Sat., May 17, 2014, 9:00 AM – Palmer Events Center
7:00 AM Registration opens
Bathroom access inside Palmer Events Center, South entrance (on Barton Springs)
9:00 AM Walk begins
9:30 AM Hall opens to Exhibits
Registration & Event T-Shirts
- One fee per dog.
- No charge for extra people.
- One T-shirt per entry fee.
- You can buy extra T-shirts online, at Packet Pick-Up or on site. They go fast! Buy extras early to make sure you get your size!
Rules and Logistics:
- Walk route: 0.5 miles around Palmer Events Center
- Walk starts at the scaffolding on South side of Palmer Events Center along Barton Springs Rd. side
- 2 water stops for dogs and people along the way
- Enjoy entertainment and scenic photo opps along the route!
- Keep dog on leash at all times.
- EVERY DOG MUST HAVE ITS OWN WALKER! NO MULTIPLE DOGS WITH ONE PERSON.
- Service Dogs, Inc. will supply water and treats for dogs and walkers.
- Poop bags – We include a poop bag with your t-shirt and gifts. There are more at the water stops and trash bins along the route and in the Palmer Events Center. Please use them so we can keep the Mighty Texas Dog Walk an Austin favorite.
- Walkers will be asked to leave if their dogs display aggressive behavior.
- Strollers for dogs & babies are allowed! Be safe, Be comfy, Be Healthy, Be Happy
- No shock collars.
- No dogs pulling carts.
- No refunds.
- Rain or shine.
(512) 891-9090 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Palmer Events Center $7.
- Free TXDOT lot at Riverside Dr. and Congress Ave. Entrance located on Riverside Dr.
- Additional Paid parking:
- 3rd Street & Guadalupe in the surface parking lot.
- One Texas Center (505 Barton Springs Rd.)
- Downtown offers metered parking.
The route will start on the Barton Springs (south) side of the Palmer Events Center.
There will be several water stops along the course. Water for people and dogs will also be available inside the Palmer Events Center. Their food court also will be open.
You will get a waste bag at packet pick up and extras at the water stops. There will be trash bins for your waste bags. Please pick up after your dog!