In this issue, you’ll read about some wonderful Service Dogs, their new partners and the wonderful trainers who brought them together.
There is one more important part of this formula – the sponsors who make all of this possible.
As you may know, Service Dogs, Inc. invests $20,000 into training each Hearing and Service Dog team. That includes:
- Visiting shelters all over Texas, looking for dogs
- Evaluating over 5,000 dogs to find just 18! That’s fewer than 0.0036% or less than 1 out of every 300 dogs we evaluate!
- Nursing those dogs back to health through kennel cough, malnutrition and other conditions of neglect
- Training for eight months on a foundation of respect, affection and trust, tailored to each dog’s needs
- Introducing the recipients on our waiting list to multiple dogs to evaluate the best match
- Custom training each dog for another two to three months to that recipient’s specific needs and preferences
- Teaching the recipients how to work with their new Hearing and Service Dogs at Team Training Week at our facility
- One-on-one In-home Training sessions for at least 13 weeks including public work at the recipient’s job or school, restaurants, stores and other places they typically visit
- Lifetime follow up of the team through annual re-certifications
- Follow up training whenever the graduate has a question, wants to add a new behavior or needs additional coaching
These dogs serve their new partners devotedly for at least 10 years. That’s 10 years of daily, round-the-clock faithful service. Everything from daily alerts to the phone, baby crying and oven timer to heroics like pulling Pastor Ray McCoy from an overflowing bathtub after he’d passed out and fallen in, searching off-leash to find help when Chris McAllister’s wheelchair turned over in a remote park in Dallas, and filling that place in your heart that tells you you’ll never be alone again and what’s more, you can do it!
We have five wonderful dogs still to be matched this year. Each of them needs one or more sponsors to continue their training.
What does your sponsorship get you? So much ~
If you sponsor the entire cost of the dog’s training, we will incorporate your name or your company, send you updates throughout the dog’s training, including photos, videos and a letter from the person receiving the dog and invite you to their Team Training luncheon along with your friends and family.
Whatever amount you choose, you’ll feel great about helping in the following ways:
- $20,000 sponsors the training of your Hearing Dog or Service Dog
- $5,000 sponsors a Kennel Suite for your dog – includes bronze plaque on Kennel Suite door with your choice of text and/or logo
- $1,000 sponsors your dog’s food, equipment and veterinary expense for a year
- $500 sponsors 6 months of your dog’s food, equipment and veterinary expense.
- $100 sponsors your dog’s adoption from a shelter and first veterinary exam
You can donate to help one or more of these dogs continue its journey from Stray to Star. And be part of future headlines and celebrations!
Be Great! Help sponsor a Dog!