Mighty Texas Dog Walk Rules and Logistics 2020
Sat., March 28, 2020
305 S. Congress Ave., Austin, TX 78704
- Free Parking (1,100 spaces) at TXDOT parking lots:
118 E. Riverside
150 E. Riverside
- Paid parking
9:00 AM – Gates Open / Late Registration Starts
10:00 AM – Walk starts
11:00 AM – Trophies presented for Largest Team and Costumes
11:30 AM – Raffle – Over 20 prizes!
Registration & Event T-Shirts
- One free per dog.
- One T-shirt per entry fee.
- You can buy extra T-shirts online, at Packet Pick-Up or on site.
They go fast! Buy extras early to make sure you get your size!
Packet Pick Up and In Person Registration
3/19/20 at 9 am – 6 pm – Dogtopia – 2105 Ranch Rd 620 S, Ste 101, Austin, TX 78734
3/21/20 at 9 am – 3pm – P&F Pet Provisions – 7816 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX
3/26/20 at 9 am – 7 pm – Petco Sunset Valley – 5601 Brodie Lane, Sunset Valley, 78745
3/27/20 at 9 am – 7 pm – Petco Aust-North – 9828 Great Hills Trl , #400, Austin, TX 78759
Rules and Logistics:
- Walk route: 1.0 miles throughout the Austin American-Statesman grounds.
- Walk starts and ends at the scaffolding with the Sponsor logos on it
- Multiple water stops for dogs and people along the way
- You must keep your dog on leash at all times.
- YOU MAY ONLY WALK 1 DOG. Walkers are NOT allowed to walk 2 or more dogs.
- Poop bags – You will receive a poop bag with your t-shirt and gifts. More poop bags at water stops.
Please dispose of used poop bags in trash bins along the route and in the park.
- Walkers will be asked to leave if their dogs display aggressive behavior.
Terms & Conditions – Current rabies vaccination is required for all dogs. Each dog must have its own walker. For safety reasons one person may NOT walk multiple dogs. NO Wagons, 2-wheeled vehicles, including Segway™ Human Transporters, skateboards, Strollers larger than 36″ x 52″, Suitcases, backpacks or similar bags with wheels, backpacks or similar bags larger than 18″ wide x 25″ high x 37″ deep that could cause a tripping or other hazards. Geriatric, special needs, and small children are the only exceptions, NO WAGONS FOR SHOPPING BAGS, ETC. ONE BAG PER PAID ENTRY! SDI staff & volunteers, Security, and Representatives reserve the right to request anyone to leave the grounds.
- Strollers ARE NOT allowed for dogs!
- No shock collars.
- No dogs pulling carts.
- No refunds.
- Rain or shine.
(512) 858-1495 email@example.com