Fostering a Service Dog in Training
Fostering one of our dogs is a crucial part of training.
- Fosters provide very important information on how dogs in training behave in a home environment.
- Fosters offer a nice home for dog to relax in.
- Get a chance to expand their training knowledge from professionals.
- Start a dog on their journey from stray to star!
- Dogs will need to be in training 9:00am-4:00pm during the week.
- Fosters can pick them up for week night trips or over the weekend.
- Fosters will have one on one access to a trainer for support throughout their time with SDI.
- Additional Foster Training will be provided for fosters looking to advance their training skills
I have other animals. Can I still foster?
What do I need to buy for my foster?
How can you give the dog away?
Givens Family Testimonial
To become a foster, please download and review the Foster Manual below. Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com to set up your foster orientation.