Founded in 1988 by attorney Sheri Soltes, Service Dogs, Inc. builds better lives for Texans overcoming challenges through partnerships with custom trained Assistance Dogs provided free-of-charge.
- Bring greater independence to people living with disabilities through partnership with a working dog
- Provide abandoned, unwanted dogs and career change dogs renewed lives of love and service
- Hearing Dog and Service Dog Training
- We serve veterans and other adults residing in Texas
- Each dog is custom trained for the individual client’s needs
- Client training includes a 5-day Team Training Class at our training facility followed by 13 weekly sessions in their home, workplace and community
- Clients receive follow up for the lifetime of the Hearing or Service Dog
- PAWS –With the Texas Juvenile Justice Department in the first and only juvenile prison service dog training program in the country, we teach specially selected juvenile offenders positive dog training skills. The youth live with and train newly adopted shelter dogs to prepare them for our Hearing and Service Dog training program or adoption. PAWS stands for Pairing Achievement with Service.
- Trainers Academy – Professional dog trainers can learn how to train Hearing and Service Dogs, shelter dog evaluation and public work in a 5-day workshop followed by opportunities for audits. Limited class size guarantees lots of attention from instructors. Over 50% hands on training sessions with our advanced program dogs.
- Individuals living with a severe loss of hearing or mobility
- Texas residents
- 25 years or older – having a Hearing or Service Dog is a big responsibility, but pays off profoundly with increased independence
- The majority of our dogs are adopted from animal shelters and rescue groups. We also adopt career change dogs from other organizations
- Dogs are selected based on temperament, including both mix and pure breeds
- We use positive reinforcement training to transform these dogs into lifelines for people living with disabilities
Your Donation – One Donation Saves Two Lives
- Your gift gives dogs new lives
- Donations offer people the gifts of independence, security, companionship, unconditional love, and team work
- Your gift is tax deductible, deeply appreciated, and used carefully and responsibly
Service Dogs, Inc. is a 501(C)(3) Nonprofit. Please consider making a donation today! Service Dogs, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, HIV/AIDS status, physical or mental disability for the purpose of service, employment, membership, volunteering, or leadership.